Packaging Engineer II
Department: Life Science
Voted one of the Top Workplaces in the Lehigh Valley, our exceptional team is both the reason for and the product of Adept Group’s success. Our associates lead projects for iconic brand owners, build their skillsets through working on a range of innovative projects and collaborate with our technically gifted team to produce unparalleled results.
Adept Group is a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset while having fun with some amazing people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do. We offer a flexible, collaborative environment that embraces diversity, celebrates achievement, thrives on challenge and actively seeks out opportunities to invest in our clients, our communities and one another.
Adept Group has the largest global team of packaging industry experts, providing services and tools to effectively execute projects, fix issues, improve internal capabilities, and deliver our clients’ objectives.
Adept is hiring a Packaging Engineer II to support Adept’s fast-growing CPG Practice. The individual selected for this role, will be responsible for supporting the packaging engineering function for the global Engineering group. The individual will coordinate the assorted tasks related to base business support, new package development and business continuity issues. The individual will work closely with cross functional business partners that include marketing, operations, QA, technical transfer, R&D, procurement and supply chain while developing and implementing packaging specifications, packaging testing, line trials and coordination of change control documentation.
- Participate in regular cross functional team meetings and ensure that key milestones are met
- Support and coordinate packaging activities
- Primary packaging contact with all relevant parties, suppliers and contract manufacturing sites as needed
- Perform packaging performance testing to ensure product/package compatibility with new components
- Develop and update specifications for all packaging components
- Develop all required information to input date into SAP for each SKU
- Work with R&D to co-develop new products and packages
- Work with design to provide die-lines for all packaging components which require graphics changes
- Serve as packaging representative on cross functional team to plan, coordinate all package engineering related functions
- Work with R&D and Ops to develop any technical validation plans required to launch and support base business initatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or related engineering field
- Minimum of 5+ years of related package development and engineering experience is desired.
- Consumer product packaging experience is strongly preferred
- Must have a proven track record of delivering consistently strong results
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401K)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training and development opportunities
- Mentorship and team building programs