Adept Group has been engaged by a World Leader CPG client to fill a Packaging Engineer opening on their Packaging Development - Merchandising team. This is a direct hire opportunity to work for our client, who is in the Greater Lehigh Valley, PA area. Full Relocation and $10K Sign-On Bonus!
The Packaging Engineer in this role will be responsible for providing structural packaging design, development, and documentation for new and existing products on a global scale. The engineer will also be responsible for working with the cross-functional team to deliver high impact packaging designs keeping in mind function, cost, and user experience. The engineer will also assist in the development of customer specific merchandising displays to strategically drive sales.
- Executes the development of structural packaging on assigned product lines for both new and existing products globally. Responsible for ensuring product integrity within all channels including mass, eCommerce, club, food, drug, value, specialty, and direct-to-consumer.
- Assists in the execution of merchandising displays by working with vendors and outside resources while adhering to customer requirements and cost.
- Provides packaging design expertise on new product development teams; influences marketing on the implementation of innovative packaging with high consumer appeal. Adheres to global compliance standards including, but not limited to, quality, safety, sustainability, and regulatory.
- Ensures packaging designs can be manufactured and assembled within planned financial targets.
- Participates in the analysis of packaging assembly costs, shipping cost, and material cost to determine the most cost-effective way to package products for assigned business platforms.
- Supports the ramp-up of packaging assembly operations to ensure adherence to specifications. Provides input to manufacturing and quality as needed in a troubleshooting and advisory capacity.
- Executes the development, preparation and maintenance of packaging engineering drawings, specifications, and SAP input for all assigned projects.
- Routinely provides substantial packaging material and labor cost savings while not adversely affecting packaging integrity or shelf appearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Packaging Science
- 3+ years Packaging and Product Development experience.
- Proficient in the use of packaging specific software (ArtiosCAD, Tops/CapePack) as well as a working knowledge of enterprise software (SAP, Project Management Software, Spec systems, MS Office/365, MS Teams.
- Working knowledge of various paperboard stocks, corrugated, packaging films, P.O.P. displays, label stocks and printing processes pertaining to the packaging industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Effective and productive in both in-person and virtual settings.
- Required to work physically in office/manufacturing locations in Easton, PA
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time for brief domestic vendor/manufacturing visits.