Packaging Engineer I
About Adept Group
Adept Group offers an award-winning workplace for exceptional packaging industry talent. We work on a range of innovative projects for iconic brand owners. Our technically gifted team collaborates to produce unparalleled results.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We're a remote first employer with team members across the U.S. Some roles may require on-site work in specified US cities. Business travel may be necessary based on client needs.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
Adept is hiring Packaging Engineers to support our fast-growing teams in Consumer Packaged Goods, Food and Beverage and Life Sciences.
- Support product initiatives, packaging design and performance enhancements, cost-improvement efforts, and promotional activities.
- Assist with packaging qualifications by generating packaging protocols, overseeing test execution, analyzing test data, and authoring qualification reports.
- Assist with packaging specification development
- Plan and execute a design of experiments. Perform statistical analysis on data generated from experiments and write final reports.
- Initiate and coordinate packaging line trials including planning, conducting and post-trial activities.
- Partner with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging
- Build internal and external relationships to effectively influence and gain support for initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering.
- 0-2 years packaging engineering experience.
- Understanding of the full packaging development and qualification process (or stage gate process).
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Basic understanding of project timeline development.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.