Packaging Engineer II
About Adept Group
Adept Group offers an award-winning workplace for exceptional packaging industry talent. We work on a range of innovative projects for iconic brand owners. Our technically gifted team collaborates to produce unparalleled results.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We're a remote first employer with team members across the U.S. Some roles may require on-site work in specified US cities. Business travel may be necessary based on client needs.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
Adept is hiring experienced Packaging Engineers in Consumer Packaged Goods, Food and Beverage and Life Sciences.
- Executes product initiatives, packaging design and performance enhancements, cost-improvement efforts, and promotional activities.
- Initiate and drive packaging qualifications by generating packaging protocols, overseeing test execution, analyzing test data, and authoring qualification reports.
- Provide limited technical expertise for packaging risk assessments and failure mode/root cause analyses.
- Plan and execute a design of experiments. Perform statistical analysis on data generated from experiments and write final reports.
- Provide activity, resource, and decisional input to Initiate and complete packaging line trials including planning, conducting and post-trial activities.
- Perform the project plan outlined for the improvement and standardization of packaging on existing products with focus on performance and cost effectiveness
- Partner with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging
- Build internal and external relationships to effectively influence and gain support for initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering.
- 2-5 years packaging engineering experience.
- In-depth understanding of the full packaging development and qualification process (or stage gate process).
- Demonstrated knowledge of resource planning for trials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Intermediate understanding of project timeline development.
- Demonstrated effective communications (verbally and in writing) across internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently and effectively across multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.