Principal Packaging Design Engineer
Department: Life Science
About Adept Group
Adept Group offers an award-winning workplace for exceptional packaging industry talent. We work on a range of innovative projects for iconic brand owners. Our technically gifted team collaborates to produce unparalleled results.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
Adept is hiring experienced Contract Principal Packaging Design Engineer with broad knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging and structural designs, including strong knowledge of packaging materials, processes, and equipment. The engineer must have a good understanding of distribution simulation testing and experience with package performance testing standards and regulations. This is a minimum 3-month contract with high potential for extension. The engineer in this role must be willing to work 100% on-site due to high level of interaction and development with operations and design teams located in Rockford, IL.
- Strong CAD structural design experience using Solidworks & ArtiosCAD software platforms, having ample relevant experience as it relates to designing primary and secondary packaging components for pharmaceutical products.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging materials, processes and equipment.
- Must have good understanding of distribution simulation testing and any other package performance testing standards and regulations.
- Knowledge & experience transforming designs into workable prototypes: 3D Printers, heat sealers, cutting table
- Knowledge in packaging performance testing, consumer/human interaction testing, pkg evaluative experience
- Experience partnering and working closely with suppliers & outside partners.
- Partner with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
- Build internal and external relationships to effectively influence and gain support for initiatives.
- Lead packaging qualification activities by generating packaging protocols, overseeing test execution, analyzing test data, and authoring qualification reports.
- Provide technical expertise for packaging risk assessments and failure mode/root cause analyses.
- Lead the improvement and standardization of packaging on existing products with focus on performance and cost effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering.
- 10+ years packaging engineering experience.
- Technical depth on packaging materials, format and process including experience w/ folded paperboard cartons, design, Artios CAD & Solidworks
- Material formats: blister packs, unit dosing, pouches, thermoforming, biotech kits
- Must have experience w/in Pharma world
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Organized, coordinate day-to-day responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Advanced understanding of project timeline development.
- Demonstrated effective communications (verbally and in writing) across internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently and effectively across multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.