Senior Packaging Development Engineer - Ecommerce
At Adept Group, our product is people. Many companies say that people are at the core of their business. That is true in the literal sense for us. Adept Group is a special place to work; driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We're a remote first employer with team members across the U.S. Some roles may require on-site work in specified US cities. Business travel may be necessary based on client needs.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
This position requires technical expertise and tactical execution to define and execute a portfolio of complex projects, looking at new perspectives to solve existing and new brand solutions within confectionery. As a Senior Engineer – Global Packaging Development for ecommerce, this role may work on all categories and brands based on the needs of the business.
This is an advanced level position that supports the ecommerce Agenda and Pipeline, which are derived from the business strategy through consumer obsessed designs. They deliver value and growth by driving product quality, assuring consumer safety, imbedding value to the consumer and promoting efficiency based on robust science.
The Senior Engineer - Global Packaging Development possess a high drive for results, excellent project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive the Digital Commerce (DCOMM) agenda. They have solid working knowledge in early research and work independently with minimal guidance and will build effective cross-functional working teams to drive projects to execution.
- Create and influence an Innovation Pipeline as part of the team, including development of new packaging formats to drive growth.
- Responsible for delivering Global DCOMM, new channels and productivity projects and business objectives through packaging development Global programs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a shared vision for how the DCOMM platform works in conjunction with other elements of digital presence to achieve our strategic goals.
- Be the technical packaging lead as part of the team that rolls out the new platform, to support each of the businesses as a single destination and common customer experience.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Category management to enrich product data to drive improved sales and platform adoption.
- Research technologies to optimize the current solutions and to make them sustainable for the future, applying in-house standards and market best practices.
- Manages packaging projects across multiple packaging materials and systems for different channels and brands
- Must be fully operational in technical qualification of packaging components and systems as well as stage gate processes and risk assessments/management.
- Implements project plans against timeline and budget, creates trial protocols and lead plant trials.
- Conduct tests and analyzes results to ensure business metrics and quality standards are met
- Able to deliver and operate across cultures & time zones in a global capacity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Open communication and build strong relationships with internal and external teams and networks (suppliers, cross-functions)
- Understands key business drivers and uses this to accomplish own work. Must be knowledgeable of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Experience in packaging development or supply chain for ecommerce and/or other channels preferred
- Job requires up to 25% travel
Education & Professional Qualification
- S. Packaging Science, Industrial Design/Engineering
- 7+ years as a Packaging Engineer, or Industrial Designer/Engineer of Packaging
- 3+ years supporting CPG, E-commerce Packaging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Sound knowledge in packaging
- Able to set priorities and demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience in data collection & analysis using scientifically proven methods.
- Able to set priorities and demonstrate project management skills
- Knowing how to manage a diverse group of stakeholders both in demand and supply
- Experience in working with outside vendors to deliver project requirements