Senior Packaging Engineer
Location: Client: Princeton, NJ
About Adept Group
Adept Group offers an award-winning workplace for exceptional packaging industry talent. We work on a range of innovative projects for iconic brand owners. Our technically gifted team collaborates to produce unparalleled results.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
Adept Group is looking for an experienced Senior Packaging Engineer with experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods Industry in the Princeton, NJ area. This is a long-term contract role for 37.5 hours per week. This is a hybrid opportunity that would require 3 days on site weekly.
- Leads complex projects or assignments within large projects with minimal supervision.
- Lead packaging qualification activities by generating packaging protocols, overseeing test execution, analyzing test data, and authoring qualification reports.
- Provide technical expertise for packaging risk assessments and failure mode/root cause analyses.
- Lead the improvement and standardization of packaging on existing products with focus on performance and cost effectiveness.
- Initiate and coordinate packaging line trials including planning, conducting and post-trial activities.
- Partner with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering or related engineering field
- A minimum of 10 years packaging engineering experience
- Technical depth on a packaging material, format, or process.
- Advanced understanding of the full packaging development and qualification process
- Advanced knowledge of resource planning for trials.
- Advanced knowledge of industry regulations related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Demonstrated effective communications (verbally and in writing) across internal and external teams.
- Experience with bottles and PET
- Experience with shrink sleeves and color qualifications preferred