Location: Remote - United States
About Adept Group
Adept Group offers an award-winning workplace for exceptional packaging industry talent. We work on a range of innovative projects for iconic brand owners. Our technically gifted team collaborates to produce unparalleled results.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
Adept Group is looking for an experienced Packaging Program Manager/Packaging Engineer with experience in the Food and Beverage Industry. This is a contract role for 15-20 hours per week. Some travel on the West Coast is required.
- Executes product initiatives, packaging design and performance enhancements, cost-improvement efforts, and promotional activities.
- Initiate and drive packaging qualifications by generating packaging protocols, overseeing test execution, analyzing test data, and authoring qualification reports.
- Provide limited technical expertise for packaging risk assessments and failure mode/root cause analyses.
- Plan and execute a design of experiments. Perform statistical analysis on data generated from experiments and write final reports.
- Provide activity, resource, and decisional input to Initiate and complete packaging line trials including planning, conducting and post-trial activities.
- Perform the project plan outlined for the improvement and standardization of packaging on existing products with focus on performance and cost effectiveness.
- Partner with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
- Build internal and external relationships to effectively influence and gain support for initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering.
- 3-5 years Packaging Engineering experience in the Food and Beverage or Technical/Electronic industries (internship experience included).
- In-depth understanding of the full packaging development and qualification process (or stage gate process).
- Experience with Turbo Chef or other cooking applications.
- Experience with commercialization for retail and other channels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of resource planning for trials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA requirements related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Demonstrated effective communications (verbally and in writing) across internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently and effectively across multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.