Department: CPG Staffing
Voted one of the Top Workplaces in the Lehigh Valley, our exceptional team is both the reason for and the product of Adept Group’s success. Our associates lead projects for iconic brand owners, build their skillsets through working on a range of innovative projects and collaborate with our technically gifted team to produce unparalleled results.
Adept Group is a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset while having fun with some amazing people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do. We offer a flexible, collaborative environment that embraces diversity, celebrates achievement, thrives on challenge and actively seeks out opportunities to invest in our clients, our communities and one another.
Adept Group has the largest global team of packaging industry experts, providing services and tools to effectively execute projects, fix issues, improve internal capabilities and deliver our clients’ objectives.
Adept is hiring a Packaging Engineer to support Adept’s fast-growing CPG Practice. The individual selected for this role will be a part of a fully integrated cross-functional team, working closely with R&D, Sourcing, Quality, Engineering, Marketing and Operations. The team is responsible for identifying top opportunities for Holistic Margin Management (HMM) and innovation and advancing those priorities. The role is very focused on successfully delivering against key development projects, generating a pipeline of new ideas and supporting key system needs at the production facilities while maintaining high quality standards for their materials. Candidates must be able to travel to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area when needed.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct packaging trials to validate and advance technical packaging and total product opportunities
- Assist in problem solving activities with manufacturing challenges related to packaging materials and systems
- Provide effective communication and documentation of work including technical plans, specification creation/modification, experimental reports, financial analysis, and management updates
- Proactively lead collaboration with cross-functional partners to develop margin improvement and technical innovation opportunities
- Develop and execute an understanding of the packaging ready to launch responsibilities and systems including GMI specifications, ECLIPS (graphic management process) , STEP (product planning) and TOPS (pallet pattern)
- Build internal and external networks, relationships and understanding of internal and external customer needs to effectively influence and gain support for initiatives
- Build and leverage technical depth of technical material knowledge to drive innovation and margin improvements
- BS in Packaging or related field
- 3-10 years of Packaging Engineering experience, experience in the manufacturing industry, food industry or related field
- Experience in Interspec or a similar product lifecycle management system
- Solid understanding of product commercialization process from packaging design to manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge in packaging fundamentals and application to consumer packaged goods
- Material knowledge and experience with flexible films and laminates, paperboard cartons and corrugate
- Experience creating or modifying packaging specifications and drawings to meet manufacturing and quality needs
- Experience with working on team projects at corporate and plant level, and with engineering firms, vendors and contractors
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage projects with business teams
- Self-directed, motivated and good time management
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Office365, SharePoint and experience with TOPS or related packaging software
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401K)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training and development opportunities
- Mentorship and team building programs