Senior Packaging Engineer
At Adept Group, our product is people. Many companies say that people are at the core of their business. That is true in the literal sense for us. Adept Group is a special place to work; driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We're a remote first employer with team members across the U.S. Some roles may require on-site work in specified US cities. Business travel may be necessary based on client needs.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
Adept is hiring an experienced Senior Packaging Engineer with extensive experience working within the beverage industry. This is a dual Role – on site at the manufacturing facility providing subject matter expertise to the production team but also interfacing with product development, marketing and commercialization teams to roll out new products and new packaging.
- Leads complex projects or assignments within large projects.
- Lead packaging qualification activities by generating packaging protocols, overseeing test execution, analyzing test data, and authoring qualification reports.
- Provide technical expertise for packaging risk assessments and failure mode/root cause analyses.
- Lead the improvement and standardization of packaging on existing products with focus on performance and cost effectiveness
- Plan and execute a design of experiments. Perform statistical analysis on data generated from experiments and write final reports.
- Initiate and coordinate packaging line trials including planning, conducting and post-trial activities.
- Partner with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging
- Build internal and external relationships to effectively influence and gain support for initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering with 5+ years packaging engineering experience in the CPG / Beverage Sector.
- Beverage Packaging formats & materials: Aluminum cans, glass, paperboard and folding cartons, corrugated, shrink film for trays, pallet stretch-wrap
- Experience with developing pallet patterns
- Ability to conduct distribution testing & provide technical recommendation/guidance.
- Familiarity and experience working with Operations, processing systems, & beverage packaging equipment.
- Carbonated beverage experience desired.
- High engagement with Quality Team for trouble-shooting packaging issues and/or conducting root-cause analyses.
- Comprehension of packaging technical drawings and ability to provide dieline print limitations for Graphics Team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with technical functions, business teams, suppliers, internal & external manufacturers.