Senior Packaging Engineer
Voted one of the Top Workplaces in the Lehigh Valley, our exceptional team is both the reason for and the product of Adept Group’s success. Our associates lead projects for iconic brand owners, build their skillsets through working on a range of innovative projects and collaborate with our technically gifted team to produce unparalleled results.
Adept Group is a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset while having fun with some amazing people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do. We offer a flexible, collaborative environment that embraces diversity, celebrates achievement, thrives on challenge and actively seeks out opportunities to invest in our clients, our communities and one another.
Adept Group has the largest global team of packaging industry experts, providing services and tools to effectively execute projects, fix issues, improve internal capabilities, and deliver our clients’ objectives.
Adept is hiring a Senior Packaging Engineer to support Adept’s fast-growing CPG Practice. The Senior Packaging Engineer is a strategic role within the Research and Innovation department and will be responsible for the research, development and execution of packaging initiatives across multiple brands within this specific business unit. The person in this role will be responsible for scoping and executing packaging innovations with the Marketing team. This position can be supported remotely for our client located in the Northeast.
- Demonstrate creativity in the development of packaging systems. Promote the spirit of innovation across different networks including suppliers, the research and innovation community and cross functional teams.
- Explore new packaging materials, shapes and technologies, as well as consumer trends to apply them to new innovations.
- Support the innovation process by proposing, developing and implementing packaging options.
- Develop primary, secondary and transport packaging inline with the company’s objectives; cost, quality, circularity and time.
- Represent packaging in project teams partnering cross-functionally (marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and supply chain)
- Participate in working sessions with the brand teams and co-builds packaging innovation and circularity pipeline
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, business units, plants, co-manufacturers and other sources of applicable technologies
- Contribute to the packaging development for projects of all sizes
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of the packaging specifications
- Organize and conducts trials in an industrial environment
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, master’s degree in science or Engineering ideal, Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering science)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a packaging engineering field, preferably in the food or beverage industry
- Experience in thermoforming and/or ISBM (injection stretch blow molding) strongly preferred.
- Experience in injection molding and extrusion blow molding
- Experience with PET and polyolefins (PE, PP, HDPE, PS) their properties and use as food containers
- Knowledge in sachets, pouches and related flexible packaging
- Experience in the use of statistical tools for problem solving
- Knowledge of design thinking principals and application to innovation process
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project and CAPE or TOPS
- Demonstrated leadership in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales, purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and make risked based decisions
- Excellent business skills and understand the levers of R&I in brand P&L’s
- Self-starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring new unsolicited ideas and solutions to the table
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401K)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training and development opportunities
- Mentorship and team building programs