Senior Packaging Engineer
At Adept Group, our product is people. Many companies say that people are at the core of their business. That is true in the literal sense for us. Adept Group is a special place to work; driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do.
We offer a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset. All while having fun with amazing people from a variety of diverse backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human.
We're a remote first employer with team members across the U.S. Some roles may require on-site work in specified US cities. Business travel may be necessary based on client needs.
We offer a flexible, creative culture focusing on 3 pillars - our environment, our communities, and our health and well-being. Join a team committed to building a sustainable future!
This position requires technical expertise and tactical execution to define and execute a portfolio of complex projects, looking at new perspectives to solve existing and new brand solutions within confectionery. As a Senior Engineer - Global Packaging Development, this role may work on all new categories and brands based on the needs of the business.
This is an advanced level position that supports the Innovation Agenda and Pipeline, which are derived from the business strategy through consumer obsessed designs. They deliver value and growth by driving product quality, assuring consumer safety, imbedding value to the consumer and promoting efficiency based on robust science.
The Senior Engineer – Global Packaging Development possess a high drive for results, excellent project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive Innovation and Sustainability agendas. They have solid working knowledge in early research and work independently with minimal guidance and will build effective cross-functional working teams to drive projects to execution.
- Responsible for the design, development, and translation of new and innovative packaging concepts. The key outputs from this role include developing consumer relevant value-added packs, ensuring pack design meets the global consumer insights and fitting business strategy and technical needs, and achieving a high-quality Packaging solution in a timely and cost-effective way.
- To be fully knowledgeable on consumer profiles, brand frameworks, major competitors, markets, process, packaging, quality and remains abreast of new developments in food technologies, packaging, design, category trends and related fields.
- Ensures that the packaging development for extending core, and breakthrough product designs are delivered for the brands and that they are designed to meet the brand KQA’s.
- Ensures that the packaging development process is carried out such that timelines are met to market products.
- Ensures that the packaging specifications are as accurate as possible and relevant to ensure correct costing.
- Closely partner with Consumer Insight team to qualify concepts with end-users.
- Identifying suitable packaging materials and conducting feasibility studies.
- Assess and evaluate new, relevant markets and concepts with appropriate adjacency to existing packaging technology for new applications or to new-to client technology such as specialty paper, bio-polymer materials and barrier coating technology from the Deep Science technical platform.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging, Packaging Science or Material Science
- 7+ years in relevant experience as a Packaging Engineer
- 3+ years supporting CPG Packaging Innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Sound knowledge in packaging
- 5+ years of plastic experience, flexibles preferred
- Able to set priorities and demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience in data collection & analysis using scientifically proven methods.
- Able to set priorities and demonstrate project management skills
- Knowing how to manage a diverse group of stakeholders both in demand and supply
- Experience in working with outside vendors to deliver project requirements