Packaging Engineer II
Department: CPG Staffing
Voted one of the Top Workplaces in the Lehigh Valley, our exceptional team is both the reason for and the product of Adept Group’s success. Our associates lead projects for iconic brand owners, build their skillsets through working on a range of innovative projects and collaborate with our technically gifted team to produce unparalleled results.
Adept Group is a great place to showcase your expertise and build upon your skillset while having fun with some amazing people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re driven, inspirational and most importantly, human. We infuse who we are into everything we do. We offer a flexible, collaborative environment that embraces diversity, celebrates achievement, thrives on challenge and actively seeks out opportunities to invest in our clients, our communities and one another.
Adept Group has the largest global team of packaging industry experts, providing services and tools to effectively execute projects, fix issues, improve internal capabilities and deliver our clients’ objectives.
Adept is hiring a Packaging Engineer II to support Adept’s fast-growing CPG staffing Practice. The individual selected for this role will support the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved and cost-reduced packaging while supporting cross-functional project tasks. This position leads simple to complex projects and supports technical initiatives as needed. It also acts as a key packaging resource for one or more business units and works both independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working directly with packaging suppliers, material and technology to help drive innovation and new business. This role can be supported remotely but travel once a month would be required to the State of Washington.
- Lead technical delivery of base business projects independently while simultaneously supporting high complexity technical projects
- Support assigned business unit on all packaging projects from ideation through commercialization
- Develop ideas for savings, innovation, plant efficiency and quality improvements that are relevant to the business
- Collaborate with business and technical peers on assigned projects, as well as external partners and resources
- Independently plan, execute and analyze plant/pilot plant/lab trials and document trial results
- Review and approve, interpret, develop and issue technical specifications
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry
- Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in the packaging industry, CPG preferred
- Strong understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment
- Understanding of government regulatory requirements in the processing of food
- Strong ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships, both internally and externally
- Basic understanding of food science and how food affects packaging
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401K)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training and development opportunities
- Mentorship and team building programs